Independence Extravaganza INFORMATION
Big Stone Gap
June 26 – July 4, 2021
A week-long celebration leading up to July 4th. The Town of Big Stone Gap is painted red, white, and, blue as the celebration for our country’s independence is honored. Live music performances by area bands, food vendors from all over SW Virginia, games, inflatables, races, contests, and more! An event for all ages leading up to the 4th of July parade and a huge outdoor concert at Bullitt Park. The celebration concludes at dusk with one of the greatest fireworks displays around!
THE 2021 SCHEDULE:
SATURDAY – June 26th
- Independence Extravaganza Block Party Kick Off @ Visitor Center 4p – 11pm. Food Trucks, Inflatables, Cornhole, Music, Wine/Beer.
SUNDAY – June 27th
- Gospel Night at Miners Park at 7pm Come on out for fellowship, praise, and song.
MONDAY – June 28th
- Family Movie Night in Big Stone Gap at The Visitor Center. Starts at dusk!
TUESDAY – June 29th
- Disc Golf Tournament at AK Fraley Park. Starting at 5pm.
WEDNESDAY – June 30th
- Petsense Pet Show @ Miners Park 6pm. Prizes& Awards for: Most Exotic, Best Dressed, Pet/Owner Look Alike, Top Dog, Cream of the Crop Cat, Funniest, and Most Unique. Sponsored by Petsense of Norton.
THURSDAY – July 1st
- Dessert Creation & Hot Dog Eating Contest sponsored by Country Kitchen @ The Visitor Center. Prizes awarded for winners of both competitions. Dessert Creation Contest starts at 5pm followed by the Hot Dog Eating Contest at 6:30pm
FRIDAY – July 2nd
- Hawaiian Luau Block Party at the Visitor Center 5p -11p. Wear your best Hawaiian outfits and stretch your toes in the sand! DJ JP Rooftop DJ!!!!!!!!! Best Hawaiian Shirt Contest, Snow Cones, Giant Sand Box, Food Trucks, Music, Cornhole, Games, Contest, and Prizes!
SATURDAY – July 3rd
- Cornhole Tournament Block Party @ Visitor Center 5p -11p Live Outdoor Music at Curklin’s and BSG General Store.
- Gap Partnership Pancake & Mimosa Breakfast @ Visitor Center 8am – 12pm.
- 4th of July Fun Run @ Visitor Center – 9am.
SUNDAY – July 4th
- FOURTH OF JULY PARADE through Wood Ave 4pm.
- BIG STONE GAP’S IDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION AT BULLITT PARK 4pm – 11pm. $5 entry fee kids 12 and under free. Food Trucks, Inflatables, Cornhole Tournament, Wine/Beer & Beer Cart. Live Music starting at 6pm with Six Gun – Brandon Maggard – Bueller Band. One of the best Fireworks Displays in SW Virginia starts at dusk!