Independence Extravaganza INFORMATION
Big Stone Gap
June 30th – July 4, 2022
A 5 day celebration leading up to July 4th. The Town of Big Stone Gap is painted red, white, and, blue as the celebration for our country’s independence is honored. Live music performances by area bands, food vendors from all over SW Virginia, games, inflatables, races, contests, and more! An event for all ages leading up to the 4th of July parade and a huge outdoor concert at Bullitt Park. The celebration concludes at dusk with one of the greatest fireworks displays around!
THE 2022 SCHEDULE:
THURSDAY- JUNE 30th
- Far Fetched Grooming Pet Show @ Miners Park 6pm. Prizes& Awards for: Most Exotic, Best Dressed, Pet/Owner Twinsies, Top Dog, Champion Cat, Funniest, Most Unique, Best Personality, Best Trick, Ruby’s Pick. Sponsored by Far Fetched Grooming of Big Stone Gap.
FRIDAY – JULY 1st
- Annual Dessert Creation & Hot Dog Eating Contest sponsored by Country Kitchen @ The Visitor Center. Prizes awarded for winners of both competitions. Dessert Creation Contest starts at 5pm followed by the Hot Dog Eating Contest at 6:30pm
- BEACH GAMES BLOCK PARTY– With the giant beach set up, come on out and play Volleyball and compete in a Cornhole Tournament. After dark LIMBO for all!
SATURDAY – JULY 2nd
- Hawaiian Luau Block Party at the Visitor Center 5p -11p. Wear your best Hawaiian outfits and stretch your toes in the sand! DJ JP Rooftop DJ!!!!!!!!! Best Hawaiian Shirt Contest, Snow Cones, Giant Sand Box, Food Trucks, Music, Cornhole, Games, Contest, and Prizes!
SUNDAY – JULY 3rd
- Gospel Night in Miners Park @ Miners Park 7pm.
- DISC GOLF TOURNAMENT @ THE RIDGE – $20 Entry fee plus free T-SHirt and Tickets to $th of July Event! Come try out our new 18 hole Disc Golf Course and win!
MONDAY – JULY 4th
- Gap Partnership Pancake & Mimosa Breakfast @ Visitor Center 8am – 12pm.
- 4th of July Freedom 5k @ Visitor Center – 9am – Day Or Registration starts at 7pm SIGN UP HERE
- FOURTH OF JULY PARADE through Wood Ave 4pm.
- BIG STONE GAP’S IDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION AT BULLITT PARK 4pm – 11pm. $5 entry fee kids 12 and under free. Food Trucks, Inflatables, Cornhole Tournament, Wine/Beer & Beer Cart. Live Music starting at 5pm with The Shawn Stone Band starting us off – Mississippi East opening for the main act – If Birds Could Fly as our HEADLINER. DJ Jahmal Potter will be your host for the evening! One of the best Fireworks Displays in SW Virginia starts at dusk! CLICK HERE TO ORDER TICKETS NOW!